Outpatient Clinics & Specialty Services
Rumford Hospital Offers Plastic Surgery Consultations and Services
Plastic surgery is concerned with restoring form and function to body tissue damaged by trauma or illness. Plastic surgery also includes cosmetic surgery meant to enhance a person’s physical appearance.
Some examples of cosmetic surgery are:
- rhinoplasty (restructuring the shape of the nose)
- eyelid surgery to tighten or remove loose or skin
- liposuction to remove excess fatty tissue, most commonly in the abdomen and buttocks
- abdominoplasty, also known as a "tummy-tuck"
- breast reductions, breast lifts and breast augmentation
- brachioplasty, the reduction of excess skin under the upper arms
Insurance coverage for cosmetic surgery varies, so prospective plastic surgery patients should call their insurance company to find out what is covered.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 207-369-1129.